Follow along with me on my journey across the United States this summer. Postings will be updated regularly to allow everyone to share my experiences through pictures and comments.

Big Ride Route

Big Ride Route
Click on map to view cities being visited

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 – Day 31

Start: Viroqua, Wisconsin
End: Madison, Wisconsin
Miles: 112.94 Total Miles: 2,324.22 BRAA Total Miles: 2,189.50
Time: 7 hours 32 minutes (avg 15.1 MPH)
Flat tire count today: 1 Total flat tires for the ride: 9

We started off today in a fog. Not the kind related to the weather, but the confusing kind. Our queue sheets told us to head down a road that wasn’t there. The entire road was removed during construction. I believe they were replacing it, but it just wasn’t there. We ended up riding around for a while until we found the correct road to be on after the road that did not exist. It wasn’t a big problem and didn’t add too many additional miles, so we were fine once we were back on track.

Then the real fog came. We headed through several low clouds through the hills. They were wet and seeing was a little difficult because the visibility was so low. Once we came out of the fog, it was a fantastic day. It was in the low 80s, which was perfect for the long ride we had. One hundred thirteen miles is a long way to ride. Especially, considering it wasn’t flat. There were plenty of sizable hills along the way.







I don’t have a lot of pictures today since it was such a long ride and I was just trying to make it to our destination. It was a nice ride today with a lot of corn fields to look at with neat designs. I think it is from rotating the crops, but I definitely could be wrong. The patterns were so cool to look at.


We found another sign that I think is designed to confuse us. In Wisconsin, you have to be good with your alphabet to know which roads are which.



I made a new animal friend along the way.



Actually, he was in a petting zoo along the side of the road. I thought it was interesting that there was a zebra in Wisconsin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESY!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESY!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Another friend eh? I was begining to wonder if you were being neglected!

Christopher