Follow along with me on my journey across the United States this summer. Postings will be updated regularly to allow everyone to share my experiences through pictures and comments.

Big Ride Route

Big Ride Route
Click on map to view cities being visited

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday, July 10, 2008 – Day 18

Start: Gillette, Wyoming
End: Newcastle, Wyoming
Miles: 81.36 Total Miles: 1,355.10 BRAA Total Miles: 1,259.00
Time: 5 hours 49 minute (avg 13.9 MPH)
Flat tire count today: 0 Total flat tires for the ride: 5

The night wasn’t as noisy as I had expected it to be. All the locals seemed to clear out by 11PM. I had a good rest, but as I got back on the bike this morning, I realized I still had not rested my body enough. My rear end was still sore from the eight plus hours in the saddle the day before. Oh well, I had to move forward.

Today’s ride was very uneventful. I realized this when I went to look at my pictures and there were only a few and they were nothing special.

Tomorrow, we head on to South Dakota - state number 5.

No comments: