Follow along with me on my journey across the United States this summer. Postings will be updated regularly to allow everyone to share my experiences through pictures and comments.

Big Ride Route

Big Ride Route
Click on map to view cities being visited

Monday, July 28, 2008

Sunday, July 27, 2008 – Day 35

Rest Day: Valparaiso, Indiana
Miles: 12.73 Total Miles: 2,627.60 BRAA Total Miles: 2,472.50
Flat tire count today: 0 Total flat tires for the ride: 9

Today was a rest day at Valparaiso University. I did pretty much nothing but sit around and attempt to let my backside heal. After riding and sitting on the saddle for seven days, your backside gets really raw from rubbing and really, REALLY sore. I did take a bike ride to do a little looking around the town. I stopped and picked up some stuff for lunch. Later on in the day, I walked to get something for dinner. Other than those two things, I didn’t do much more. The dorms we were staying in were pretty nice. The rooms and the lounges were air conditioned, so spending time between the two was relaxing after camping in the hot and humid campgrounds the past several nights.

Tomorrow will be another 100+ mile day. On top of that, we are going to ride into the Eastern Time Zone, so we will be losing another hour. It will be a long one for sure.

No comments: