Follow along with me on my journey across the United States this summer. Postings will be updated regularly to allow everyone to share my experiences through pictures and comments.

Big Ride Route

Big Ride Route
Click on map to view cities being visited

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Saturday, July 5, 2008 – Day 13

Start: Harlowton, Montana
End: Billings, Montana
Miles: 95.54 Total Miles: 1,003.13
Time: 5 hours 54 minute (avg 16.6 MPH)

After the little sleep over the last two nights, today’s ride was great. We had a tailwind almost all day long. For the first half of the day it was flat and with the tailwind, I was averaging around 20 MPH.

There wasn’t a lot of scenery that I took pictures of since I was cruising along so quickly and didn’t want to stop.

I did take a picture of some sheep with some neat background. The rock formations were beautiful.






There was also a grain silo along the way that our queue sheet pointed out is the grain silo that can be seen forever. I spotted it about four miles out and realized what it was as soon as I reached it. It wasn’t really that big, but since the road that it is on is so long and straight, you can see for miles. The queue sheet actually pointed out the point when the road actually begins to turn because it is so many miles without any turns whatsoever.



We finished off the night with a great dinner of steak, fish and multiple pastas. It was delicious. Tomorrow is a rest day here in Billings, so I will do a little sight seeing and take care of the necessary things that have to be done to stay organized.

As I was writing this post, a storm blew in with thunder. I went over to check it out and this is what I saw. A wonderful ending to a pretty nice day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brendon

Just found out about your challenging endavour from Judi Agudio and Ann Borden. I will be checking in to see how you are doing from now on.

I just finished last week monitoring the exploits of Miguel Perez who works for Larry May here in NSOU. He participated in the PRIMAL QUEST Adventure Race in SE corner of Montana from 23 Jun to 2 Jul. You and he will have to exchange experiences when you return to TASC. Their race was over 500 miles of hiking / trekking, kayaking, mountain biking, rock climbing and repelling. Those who finished the race expereinced 100,000 feet of elevation over the course of the race. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

I much rather be an athletic supporter and watch from the sidelines like this and see the event through your eyes.

Good luck and I will tracking along.

Larry Weyer

Anonymous said...

Awsomely rad rainbow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!