Follow along with me on my journey across the United States this summer. Postings will be updated regularly to allow everyone to share my experiences through pictures and comments.

Big Ride Route

Big Ride Route
Click on map to view cities being visited

Monday, August 18, 2008

Sunday, August 17, 2008 - One Week After Return

It has been one week since we completed the Big Ride Across America. I was surprised to see that I lost 16 pounds during the ride. This happened even though I ate close to two times what I would normally eat. I had to force myself to eat at times because I knew that I would need the extra calories to burn. Now the goal is to keep the weight off.

I went back to work the Monday after the ride. It was nice to get back to work and back into the swing of things. I also got back to riding. This past week, I rode a little over 200 miles. It was good to get back to “my” riding schedule since I really enjoy being able to go where I want to go and for how far and how long I want to. If I don’t feel like riding a certain amount of miles for the day – like the daily queue sheets dictated - I don’t have to.

The ride was definitely an experience of a lifetime and I will remember it forever. There were wonderful times and there were tough times. I am so thankful to everyone who took the time to read my postings and to those who sent me comments along the way. These comments helped keep me motivated knowing that there were friends out there with me. I also want to thank my wife and kids for being so supportive. Talking to them over the phone along the way reminded me that they were cheering me on and waiting for me to return. Finally and most importantly, I want to thank my Lord Jesus for my safety and for helping me to endure through the good and bad times. There were a lot of prayers during this ride and I know that they helped me get through it all. This ride has drawn me closer to Him knowing that with Him, all things are possible. I know that I would probably be stuck somewhere in Montana right now if it was me on my own.

Thank you all..now on to my next big adventure – whatever that may be!

No comments: