Follow along with me on my journey across the United States this summer. Postings will be updated regularly to allow everyone to share my experiences through pictures and comments.

Big Ride Route

Big Ride Route
Click on map to view cities being visited

Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday, August 8, 2008 – Day 47

Start: Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
End: Clarksburg, Maryland
Miles: 49.82 Total Miles: 3,453.33 BRAA Total Miles: 3,270.80
Time: 3 hours 15 minutes (avg 15.3 MPH)
Flat tire count today: 1 Total flat tires for the ride: 11

The day started off with me pumping up my tires before the day’s ride. Since it was still a little wet out, my tires were wet. As I was pumping up my front tire, I saw the air bubbling out of a small hole in the tire. I knew I had a slow leak, but did not want to fix it until I had to. Well, seeing the air coming out of the tire, I decided to repair it. Number eleven for the ride. Hopefully it will be the last.

We left Pennsylvania early on in the morning. About six miles into the ride, we entered Maryland. The road we were on did not have a fancy welcome to Maryland sign, but it did have a marker letting everyone know that we had entered Maryland.



Since the ride was a short one, there were not a lot of opportunities for pictures. I did see a couple of farms in Maryland that I would love to live on – at least from a distance they looked great.



Tomorrow will be a short ride as well and will be the final ride into Washington, DC. We will arrive around noon at the Lincoln Memorial. It should be an exciting day and then back to the old routine.

No comments: