Follow along with me on my journey across the United States this summer. Postings will be updated regularly to allow everyone to share my experiences through pictures and comments.

Big Ride Route

Big Ride Route
Click on map to view cities being visited

Friday, June 13, 2008

One Week Until I Depart for Seattle

With one week to go, I am getting very excited.  The bike has arrived in Seattle.  I am going to finish packing this weekend.  I will be ready to go.  The last couple of weeks have gotten me thinking about what it will be like.  There are only a couple of concerns at this point and they are pretty silly.  The first is that I will be sleeping in a tent for seven weeks.  I am not a camper by any stretch of the imagination.  My biggest camping and living in a tent trip was two nights.  This is going to be seven weeks!  The other thought that is going around in my head is that I will have to use public restrooms for seven weeks.  I know that is kind of weird to be thinking about at a time like this, but that is about all that I am tossing around in my head.  I know after a couple of days, those won't even be issues because I will be having fun enjoying the ride and the beautiful experience.  I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brendon -
I love your comment about the fear of an "extended camping trip". I did the BRAA in 2004. Just FYI... in 8 weeks from now you will be wishing you were sleeping in a tent again,listening to the wind, smelling the dirt, and sleeping so soundly....and you will be wondering what you are doing in a normal bed.. thinking it may not be so normal anymore. Gosh how I wish I reliving those 7 glorious weeks! Good luck to you and your fellow riders! You will look back and be proud!
- Kacy (Big Rider #29 2004)